To assist parties who are pursuing a case through arbitration, BCICAC has made resources and other information available to help you file your case accurately and efficiently.
Once you are ready to file your case with BCICAC, you will need to complete the appropriate forms, below. Submitting the correct filing form is important. To do this, determine the type of case (commercial, international, UMP etc.), whether your contract includes an arbitration provision, and the type of dispute resolution method desired.
If your contract clause provides for arbitration, select the forms to file your case. If there is no arbitration agreement or the BCICAC is not named as the dispute resolution service provider, you will need to obtain the other parties’ consent to arbitrate through BCICAC and then use the appropriate forms to begin the resolution process.
The requirements for those who wish to initiate proceedings are set out in the following:
- What is Arbitration?
- Arbitration Process
- Rules of Procedure
- VanIAC Domestic Arbitration Rules (effective Sept. 1, 2020)
- Revised Domestic Commercial Arbitration Rules of Procedure (revised Sept. 15, 2016)
- Domestic Commercial Arbitration Rules of Procedure (as amended June 1, 1998) - updated Dec. 2016
- Domestic Commercial Arbitration Shorter Rules of Procedure (as amended June 1, 1998) - updated Dec. 2016
- International Commercial Arbitration Rules of Procedure (as amended January 1, 2000) - updated Dec. 2016
- Forms - Notice to Arbitrate
- Domestic – updated Feb. 2018
- Domestic – updated Sept. 2019
- Domestic Shorter Rules – updated Sept. 2019
- Arbitration Agreement - Interlocutory Application – Sept 2020
- International – updated Sept. 2019
- Joint Submission – Domestic – updated Sept. 2019
- Joint Submission – International – updated Sept. 2019
- Application to Appoint an Application Arbitrator – updated Sept. 2020
- Notice of Appeal – updated Sept. 2019
- Selecting a Panellist
- Selecting an Application Arbitrator Panel and Appeal Panel
- Fee Schedule
- Payment Options